Published on April 28th, 2014 | by GameMaker0
People of Evolution
This game is designed for Biology students in the 9th or 10th grades. This game pertains to the topic of evolution, which is part of the biology curriculum. The questions within this game are to prepare you for the Virginia Biology SOL. Students should know about Lamarck, Charles Darwin, the Inheritance of Acquired Traits theory, and other topics relating to evolution. Once students become an expert at this game, they should try to find other games that involve more of a higher thinking level.
Questions in this game include:
- Who was the early theorist who believed useful traits would be passed on?
- Who was the scientist known for introducing natural selection?
- Which scientist had the belief of Inheritance of Acquired Traits?
- Which scientist used a curved neck flask to try and disprove spontaneous generation?
- Who tried to disprove spontaneous generation with their rotting meat experiment?
- Who was the first to experiment with boiling broth?
- What process do we still use today to preserve foods?
- What islands did Charles Darwin study on?
Summary: Great questions on the topic of evolution in Biology. Excellent description of the game provided by the game author.