Published on March 29th, 2014 | by GameMaker0
This game develops student knowledge of literary elements such as symbolism, hyperbole, alliteration and metaphor. The game author of this English/Literacy game provided the description shown.
Identify the proper literary element after reading each question. 9-12 grade level
By playing this game you should be able to answer the following questions:
- Which term means ‘an extreme over exaggeration’?
- Which term means ‘giving something that is not human, human-like qualities’?
- Which term means ‘a direct comparison between to unalike things, using “like” or “as”‘?
- Which term means ‘the repetition of two or more stressed syllables or word sounds’?
- Which term means ‘representing things by the use of symbols or symbolic images’?
- Which term means ‘an incidental mentioning of something, an indirect reference to something’?
- Which term means ‘the style of how someone speaks based on their specific word choices’?
Now test yourself. Can you provide a definition of each of the following terms?