Published on March 20th, 2013 | by What2Learn0
What is geotagging?
Many personal digital devices which have in-built GPS will add extra data to photographs and videos to provide geographical coordinates for exactly where the picture was taken. These are accurate to just a few feet. This has a range of advantages and disadvantages for the user. Play the game below to develop and test your understanding of some of the problems which can arise as a result of geotagging.
Once you have watched the video see if you can answer the following questions
- What is geotagging?
- Why is geotagging built into modern devices like smartphones and tablet computers?
- What potential problems can geotagging cause?
- How can you reduce these risks?
Read more on this topic here>>
Don’t forget to sign up for your free What2Learn account to access a wealth of interactive revision activities for Edexcel’s GCSE ICT and thousands more revision games covering most subject areas.
- GCSE ICT: Personal Digital Devices – PCs
- GCSE ICT: online shopping – customer experiences
- Top 5 new games (week ending 13th Oct 2012)