Published on January 18th, 2010 | by What2Learn0
Education resources for ‘snow day’
The weather across the UK looks set to become a little grimmer again this week which, as ever, leads to the Catch-22 decision for headteachers – to close and risk the wrath of the media and parents, or to open and risk the welfare of staff and students?
For those schools who make the decision to close, the blow of even more education time lost can be reduced a bit by ensuring all students have access to a huge amount of interactive learning resources covering most areas of the secondary curriculum. With most students now having access to the internet from their own homes, getting them all on to What2Learn will ensure they keep engaged in motivating and effective learning activities until they return.
Award-winning elearning. Free for teachers and students!
Here are five key reasons to make ‘Snow Day’ into ‘What2Learn Day’:
- W2L is a national award-winning educational resource, proven to raise student attainment, engagement and motivation.
- With literally thousands of interactive learning games and exam drills, students of all ages and abilities will benefit.
- Students will be able to quickly create their own accounts and link in to your teachers.
- Student attainment in our core activities and any created by their teachers is automatically recorded to enable teachers to monitor and reward progress.
- What2Learn is free to access.