Published on February 26th, 2012 | by What2Learn0
QTS Standards proving a headache?
Introducing a powerful FREE tool for helping those on ITT to meet the QTS Standards!
What2Learn in partnership with the Pearson Publishing Group have released a new online portfolio tool which will provide a must-have tool for trainees and mentors trying to evidence progress through the demands of the QTS Standards during a GTP or PGCE qualification.
- A summary of each Standard.
- Details of what mentors should be looking for with regard to each Standard.
- Suggestions for how trainees could meet each Standard.
- Examples of the kind of evidence suitable for each Standard.
- Tools enabling trainees to track their progress through the Standards.
- The ability to upload files and add notes as evidence for the Standards.
- A blogging tool for reflective thinking and evaluations.
- Forums to enable discussions between trainees on popular topics such as planning and behaviour management.
- Q1-Q2: Relationships with children and young people;
- Q3(a) & Q3(b): Frameworks;
- Q4-Q6: Communicating and working with others;
- Q7(a)-Q9: Personal professional development.
- Q10: Teaching and learning;
- Q11-Q13: Assessment and monitoring;
- Q14-Q15: Subjects and curriculum;
- Q16-Q17: Literacy, numeracy and ICT;
- Q18-Q20: Achievement and diversity;
- Q21(a)-Q21(b): Health and well-being.
- Q22-Q24: Planning;
- Q25(a-d): Teaching;
- Q26-Q28: Assessment, monitoring and feedback;
- Q29: Review teaching and learning;
- Q30-Q31: Learning environment;
- Q32-Q33: Team working and collaboration.
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
In addition to this trainees will gain access to a range of resources linked to the Standards provided by the Pearson Publishing Group and games-based learning system What2Learn.
For more information and to create accounts please visit…
The resource is divided into the key three areas:
This unit covers QTS Standards Q1-Q9. This includes:
Q10-Q21(b): KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
This unit covers Q10-Q21(b). This includes:
This unit covers Q22-Q33. This includes: