Published on March 22nd, 2013 | by What2Learn0
Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils
QTS Part One (Teaching), Strand Two: Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils.
Amplification of scope:
What will your mentors be looking for?
- Lessons and sequences of lessons planned and delivered that build on learners’ prior knowledge, achievement and experience.
- Teaching strategies are employed that enable learners to apply new knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Assessment strategies used to help inform lesson planning.
- Lessons delivered which contribute to the achievement of individual, group and whole-school targets.
- Teaching demonstrates a personalised learning approach.
- Involvement of learners in assessing their own progress and progress of their peers.
- Learners are involved in setting objectives for the development of their own learning.
What evidence could you include?
- Plan and deliver lessons that build on learners’ prior knowledge, achievement and experience.
- Plan extended projects which give students more freedom and opportunities to work independently to demonstrate and apply their knowledge, understanding and skills.
- Evidence of using assessment to inform planning of a sequence of lessons.
- Lessons plans and observations which focus on specific individual or group targets.
- Discuss how to personalise learning with mentor and apply suggested techniques to planning and delivery of lesson.
- Evaluate the use of immediate feedback in lessons, for example, praise, questioning, peer assessment strategies.
- Assess a piece of work and provide learners with feedback including guidance on how to move the work to the next level. Learners should be provided with an opportunity to develop their work before it is assessed again. Evidence of the initial work, your assessment and comments, and the final work showing appropriate improvements provides good evidence for this Standard.
- Show how your targets and objectives for an individual student have changed as they have progressed over time.
|Exploring the issue of personalised learning in schools.|
|A teacher diversifies her lessons to maximise inclusion.|
Detailed guidance on all strands of the QTS Standards and a free online portfolio for collating and managing your evidence towards meeting all of the Standards is available here.