Published on December 12th, 2008 | by What2Learn0
Pass the NYS Regents Examinations
The Science Regents are on Tuesday 27th January – have you revised yet?
The High School exit exams for the State of New York are the Regents Exams. The class of 2000 were the first to take these exams which had replaced the Regents Competency Tests. Students will be tested on the following topics:
- English/language arts
- Global history and geography
- U.S. history and government
Please note that ‘Science’ includes Earth Science, Biology / Living Environment, Chemistry and Physics.
As with passing any test or exam, thorough preparation and planning is the key to success. As the old addage says, ‘if you fail to plan then you plan to fail’. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Make sure you know when the exams are and create a timetable of revision so that you don’t have to panic at the last minute. Check these dates with your teacher or click here to go to the NYS Education Department to check the Regents schedule.
- Look at past examination papers, click here for samples.
- Revise, revise, revise! Go through your books, form study groups, etc. Make revision fun by playing some of the hundreds of High School revision games available here at What2Learn. Click here to get a free account now.
Comments, suggestions and further tips on how to pass the NYS Regents Examinations are welcome below.