Input devices are the tools that we use to get data an information into the computer in a digital format. Examples include the keyboard, mouse, trackball, lightpen, scanner, webcam and joystick.
The printable worksheet you can open below is ideal for a starter in a KS3 or KS4 (GCSE) ICT lesson or as an activity to leave for a cover lesson. If students finish the paper-based crossword they will have the option of attempting to tackle the same set of questions in an interactive game.
Click image to open crossword.
Questions covered include:
- A common hand-held device which controls the movement of a cursor.
- An alternative to a mouse. You roll a ball to control the movement.
- Made up of buttons and mostly used for typing.
- Used for taking digital photographs.
- A popular input device for playing games.
- Used for getting sound in to the computer.
- Used for making digital copies of things on paper.
- Allows the user to draw using a special pen.
Interactive version of input devices game