Published on December 17th, 2010 | by What2Learn0
Food and digestion (8A) Science revision
The following revision games and activities are to help students learning about ‘food and digestion’. In many KS3 schemes of work this will be unit 8A. This will develop knowledge of the process of digestion, the parts of our anatomy involved and the role of saliva, enzymes, etc.
Many activities on What2Learn are free to access and the links below will help you to access the activities you want. The best way to play these activities is to sign up for a What2Learn account which will allow students to enjoy our fantastic in-built rewards (such as a virtual farm to manage) and to compete against their friends. Teachers will also be able to see the scores their students have attained in the revision games.
Sample activity: Food and digestion vocabulary
Once you have completed the game, test yourself again by seeing if you can answer these questions:
- What do we call the contraction of muscles that causes food to move through the digestive system?
- What is the name of the flud produced by the liver that helps to break down fats?
- Which enzyme digests fat?
- Which enzyme digests protein?
- Which enzyme digests starch?
- What increases the surface area of the intestine to help absorb food?
- What is the clear liquid made by the intestines that coats and protects the walls?
- What is the name of the fluid made by glands in the mouth which moistens food to aid digestion?
- What is the scientific name for the solid waste that leaves the body at the end of the digestion process?
More Science revision games on food and digestion
Register for an account at What2Learn and you will get full access to lots more learning games about ‘food and digestion’ and other Science topics.
By signing up, teachers will be able to see the scores students get in these games (learn more here) and students will be able to enjoy the exciting in-built rewards that What2Learn offers. Students and teachers will need to sign up for a What2Learn account to enjoy these additional benefits – it only takes two minutes so register now!
- The Rock Cycle (8H) Science revision
- Atoms and elements (8E) Science revision
- Acids and alkalis (7E) Science revision