Published on July 28th, 2010 | by What2Learn0
Earth Sciences – free learning resources
Are you looking for teaching and learning resources to help students learn about Earth Sciences? In addition to lesson plans, printable worksheets, etc you should try out our highly effective and motivational learning games which cover the following topics:
Earth Sciences: 1-2. Earth’s Place in the Universe
- The Earth in the Universe: key terms
- What do we know about the Earth and space?
- Stars and stuff!
- What is known about stars and galaxies?
Earth Sciences: 3. Dynamic Earth Processes
- How do rocks provide evidence of changes in the Earth?
- Continental Drift
- Plate tectonics
- Seafloor spreading
- Constructive and destructive margins
- Causes of earthquakes
- Responding to earthquakes
Earth Sciences: 4-6. Energy in the Earth System
- Earth’s energy budget
- The greenhouse effect
- Human impact on the atmosphere – global warming
Earth Sciences: 7. Biogeochemical Cycles
- The Carbon Cycle
- The Nitrogen Cycle
- The different physical and chemical forms of carbon
Earth Sciences: 8. The Atmosphere
- Chemicals in the air
- 0-10 km height: The Troposphere
- 10-50 km height: The Stratosphere
- 50-90 km height: The Mesosphere
- 90-500 km height: The Thermosphere
- Atmospheric layers – multiple choice quiz
- The Earth’s early atmosphere
Earth Sciences: 9. California Geology
- California’s geology
- Natural hazards of California: Earthquakes
- Natural hazards of California: Volcanoes
- Sources of California’s fresh water
Much of the content has been developed in line with the California State Board of Education content standards, but will generally be appropriate for most boards.